My Blog List

Saturday, November 3, 2012

the truth


Thankful for friends who share very timely Henri Nouwen quotes:

“The world tells you many lies about who you are, and you simply have to be realistic enough to remind yourself of this. Every time you feel hurt, offended or rejected, you have to dare to say to yourself: “These feelings, strong as they may be are not telling me the truth about myself. The truth, even though I cannot feel it right now, is that I am the chosen child of God, precious in His eyes, called the beloved from all eternity and held safe in an everlasting embrace….

You have to keep looking for people and places where truth is spoken and where you are reminded of your deepest identity as the chosen one. The limited, sometimes broken, love of those who share our humanity can often point us to the truth of who we are: precious in God’s eyes.”